Sunday, August 08, 2010

The Third Commandment

Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy ~ Exodus 20:8 (MSG)
I take this to mean many things. I go to church on Sundays, yes...but I also use a holy mug. Well, today I did. I only have one, so we'll have to wait and see what happens the rest of the Sundays in August.
This mug was a promotion for the building project that the church I grew up in was doing. It has a pun on the back. Such a cute play on words...well...you'll see
It feels like I'm cheating on my current church to say this, but I really miss Christ Lutheran. Maybe it's just a feeling you get from a community that has know you since you were 'this big' (hand held about two feet off the ground). I do like the church I'm at now (and I'm not just a member, but an employee as well), but CLC will always hold a special place in my heart.



I really like the cruciform cross that is on the front of this mug. I also have it as a necklace, which I wear almost every day. It reminds me that, yes, Jesus died on the cross...but He's not there anymore. He conquered death to save us all!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment