Saturday, August 07, 2010

Happiness is...

When I was growing up, I kinda looked forward to the Saturday paper. Because of the comics. Saturday morning comics were so much better than weekday comics, they were bigger, better and IN COLOR!! I still enjoy reading the comics when I can. There are some comic strips that you can't help but cut out and put up on the fridge. Family Circus certainly has it's 'awwww' moments, as does the now syndicated 'For Better or For Worse'...but one of the most endearing comic strips of ALL TIME (and I dare you to argue) is Peanuts. Charlie Brown is one of those characters that everyone can identify with. He just wants to be nice to everyone and to be liked...who can't relate to that? And of all the comic strips you can think of, how many have spawned TV specials, theme parks and even a Broadway musical?? Yeah...that's what I thought!

When I bought this mug (another brilliant Target dollar section purchase), I was in a major 'You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown' phase. I listened to that soundtrack in my car for two whole weeks. I still can't get enough of K-Chen belting out 'My New Philosophy'...seriously...my goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment