Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Beginnings

Happy New Year!!
2011 was a bit of a roller coaster what with losing my job and moving back in with the folks. However, if I hadn't had to move back here...I probably wouldn't have (unintentionally) kept my resolution from last year which was: "This year I need to make more friends, try not to be so much of a homebody, and not to spend next NYE alone, doing laundry and blogging in my sweat pants watching Carson Daly's schpiel on NBC"
Yes, I had to force myself to get out of the house once I moved back, but connecting with the 'Relate' group at my church helped me to make more friends. Friends I spent New Years Eve with. A New Years Eve I spent away from my house. So...that was one blessing that came from the crappy hand I was dealt.
Another blessing is the job I have now. I love working with preschoolers more than I ever thought I would. I was on the youth-ministry track for so long, I never even considered this as a career. Now, here I am going back to school so I can broaden my preschool teaching horizons!
I still love working/hanging out with youth, but after spending 3 days in San Diego with 21 middle- and high- school students but I've realized: I am just so much happier in the role of chaperone.
This year is already off to a great start.
I am worship leading at my church (doing things the ELCA says I'm not technically qualified to do...yikes!)
I am switching to mornings at work, and keeping some afternoon hours as well (getting closer to full-time!)
I am back in school...although the jury is still out on whether or not I'm excited about this
and...I get to be the maid of honor in the wedding of a very close family member!!

Bring it on, 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment