Thursday, June 03, 2010

Once Upon a Dream

I've had this re-occurring dream ever since I graduated from college, I hadn't had it in a while...but I dreamt it again last night.
The dream has a few variations, but mostly it is me realizing near the end of the semester that I am registered for a math class (it's always a math class) that I haven't been attending. Not because I was a ditcher, but because I had forgotten that I was in that class. I usually show up, and the professor will say something snarky like , "Ms. Chambers, I'm so glad you were able to make room in your obviously busy schedule to join us." The other students are all 'judgy judge' because I'm never in class. I feel stupid because I went to class on the first day, and forgot for the rest of the semester (until that particular day, for some reason).
And instead of Cal. Lu, the 'college' in the dream is actually my high school campus.
Last night though, I had to take a test. I've never taken a test in my dream before, it's usually the registrar telling me that I'm not going to graduate because I was never in class. Also last night, the role of the professor was played by Matthew Morrison (Mr. Schuester from Glee). That's the weird part. I'm pretty sure if Matthew Morrison was my teacher, I would show up to class.

I don't know where this dream comes from, I only took one math class in college and it was my freshman year, so I wasn't in the habit of cutting class yet. (Although my senior year I had very patchy attendance in my philosophy course...hmmm)

No comments:

Post a Comment