Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's about time...

I haven't posted in over a week...I fail at blogging.
But in case anyone is actually reading this (Hi, Becca!!) I will write something.
On Wednesday nights I meet with my high school youth (Higher Ground) to have Bible study and fellowship. I really like meeting with my HG peeps on a weekly basis, because I get to check in with them and see how things are going, I enjoy hanging with my students. I feel bad for other youth directors, I bet their students aren't as awesome as mine. We start with a game, and then move into 'Highs and Lows' (when I was a camp counselor in a girls' cabin, we called it 'Rainbows and Spiders'-cute, right?)
I will share my (Roses/Thorns, Hills/Valleys, Something you likes/Something you dislikes)...I'll start with my low, that way it gets better at the end.
Low: My bike got stolen...my bike that I've had for SIX WEEKS got stolen. Bummer. BIG BUMMER. I really liked that bike, her name was Dorothy (I name things, don't worry about it) She was white with a black basket and a Relient K bumper sticker. I've never really been the victim of a crime before, so I feel very violated. I'm still in mourning.
High: I moved!! I finally have my own apartment, and it's kinda fun. I don't really have furniture yet, and I'm not completely unpacked...it may not be much, but it's mine!! I almost feel like a real grown-up. My sister came over the weekend, and she helped me unpack and I got to be a little hostess...I cooked for us and then we slumber partied it up on air mattresses in my living room!! Yay bonding!
I'm really excited to get furniture and start decorating so I can make it 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment