Sunday, July 08, 2012

Secret ingredients

It is no secret that I love to bake. Love love love!! I like to experiment with my baking, or find different twists for classic recipes. In my next life I'm going to open a bakery...I think I'll call it 'That One Little Pie Shop'... and on my menu will be this triple berry & peach pie I just pulled out of the oven. It smells delicious (even though there was a bit of a cinnamon disaster). 
As an amateur baker, I am always open to baking tips and Pintrest is good...but gramma is better!
She told me that adding two tablespoons of vodka (yes, vodka) to the piecrust while mixing it will result in an extra light and flaky crust. I tried this little trick...and guess what? It worked!
Most piecrust recipes call for ice water, the particular recipe I used called for two tablespoons of H2O, I substituted the water for vodka, and added an additional teaspoon of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment