Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bunheads

I am hooked on this new ABCFamily show. I can't tell if the name is ridiculous, or based on the brand of ballet accessories (toe pads, ribbons, snoods, etc).
Bunheads is created by Amy Sherman-Palladino (the genius behind Gilmore Girls). I don't think I can find actual words to express how much I love this show! It's about ballet (well, sort of), it's got Kelly Bishop (playing a version of Emily Gilmore), and it stars Sutton Foster as Michelle, a fast-talking, classically trained ballerina turned Vegas showgirl. She marries her stalker fan, Cameron Frye (aka Hubble), and she moves to California Stars Hollow (also known as Paradise, but not the real Paradise, California...the fake one, which is probably in Ventura County since Ojai, Oxnard and Simi Valley were all referenced in the last episode) to live with him and his mother. Then he dies. Because Michelle has the worst luck with men. 
So, yes, it's a pretty cheesy premise...but it's a great show. And Sutton Foster. And ballerinas.

2 comments:

  1. Bunheads really is what ballerina's call themselves sometimes. It's no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took dance classes for 14 years, and I never called myself a 'bunhead'. To my knowledge, neither did any of my friends. Maybe that's a 'thing' at other studios, but not at ours. I used Bunhead products all through my classes (ribbons, snoods, "ouch pouch"es for my pointe shoes, etc.)

    ReplyDelete