Monday, January 03, 2011

Recipe for Disaster

Along with being less of a stay-at-home loser, for 2011 I am also going to attempt to enjoy cooking. I can cook; I mean I can read and follow a recipe and all. I'm a pretty decent baker, and I really enjoy doing that...but cooking just never really clicked with me, but I am vowing to give it a chance.
So far this year I have tried 2 new recipes, I made a really tasty mac & cheese in my slow cooker which lasted me two dinners and two lunches. Tonight I tried to make these chicken tenders. They were supposed to a health, grown up alternative to chicken fingers. I covered chicken breast cutlets with PanKo bread crumbs, onion soup mix and crushed Ritz crackers and then baked them in the oven. They were gross.
I hate when I cook something gross for many reasons. 1) I put the work into it; 2) I don't get dinner; 3) I hate wasting food; and 4) I hate wasting my money. I was really disappointed, and I think this is one of the reasons I'm so soured on cooking. The results are so unpredictable. If you are trying a new recipe, it's hard to know what to expect. It's so hit and miss.
With baking a cookie is a cookie. Also, I can make peanut butter cookies or brownies or cupcakes as many times and I don't get sick of them, but I can only stand enchiladas so many days in a row without going crazy.
I'm still going to try to enjoy cooking more often, and maybe try a different cookbook as well...
Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment