Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Try on time is over, Ned"

Since I don't have cable in my new place yet, I've been watching my 'Smallville' DVDs...(only the first 4 seasons, before that show became 'the thing that needs to die'). I used to be super obsessed with that show--mostly because of Tom Welling, I'm sure--but I liked other things about it too. I had forgotten how much I liked that show, specifically the character of Chloe Sullivan. Chloe is the Olive Snook to Clark Kent's Ned.
Which brings me to the subject of this post--the 'maybe friend'. Chloe and Olive are 'maybe friends' to Clark and Ned respectively. That is to say if Lana Lang and Charlotte 'Chuck' Charles weren't in the picture they'd maybe have a chance with the guys they are pining over. The complication comes from the fact that these ladies are good friends with the objects of their affection, and when you're friends with someone it makes them that much harder to get over.
Sometimes I feel like I'm Jon's 'maybe friend'. I mean, we are good friends...and there are times where I feel like maybe if there wasn't a 'Mandy'...or I'm delusional.
Also, I said I wasn't going to blog about him anymore, but I fail...a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment