Sunday, July 11, 2010

Misc.

I'm at my parents house because I'm on 'vacation' this week. I'm not going to take a week off and sit in my apartment, and if I didn't have anywhere to go I wouldn't have taken a vacation at all. Tomorrow we're leaving for the Northern Cali cost, which should be interesting to say the least.
Since all my furniture is now in my own apartment, my room here is just an empty teal box...it's sad. Also, it means I have to sleep in my sister's room and I officially don't live here anymore, which is weird.
I was rumaging through my closet, though, looking for some old pictures (since one of me and a friend circa 1997 just surfaced, I was wondering what other gems I could find), and I came across the bridesmaid dress I wore in my friend's wedding two years ago. Naturally I had to try it on. It still fits (well, it still zips)...and I've been wearing it around the house for the past 15 minutes.
Yeah, I'm 24 and I'm playing dress-up. But I paid $170 for this dress, and I only got to wear it once, and it's pretty.
It's ice blue, strappless, tea length and has exposed tulle at the bottom with some pretty ribbon deatail. It makes me feel like a real girl.
I don't feel like a real girl very often, it's not that I'm not feminine enough, I guess...but I tend to act a little bit more cynical when I talk to guys than I should be. Especially last week at camp. Now, I love my camp friends dearly...and some of this can be blamed on a camp wardrobe that consists entirely of cut offs and tank tops...but I just spent a week not feeling the least bit like a girl. A female, yes...but an actual lady? Notsomuch. So today I wore a skirt and heals to church, make-up, hair the whole schpiel, and it helped...but putting on this dress makes me feel like a real lady.

Now, if you'll exuse me...I have to get ready to take a trip with my mommy and daddy tomorrow, and it's almost past my bed time.

2 comments:

  1. I just did almost the same thing for the last 5 days...Except my parents went out of town so I also enjoyed sleeping over at my grandma's old folks home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing dress up when I go back to my parent's house. And then I remember that I used to be a bit tinier than I am now...but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete