Thursday, December 23, 2010

Using Bob Hope's WiFi

As I sit at the gate A2 waiting area at the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, I realize how grateful I am for free WiFi...not only because I arrived two and half hours before my flight leaves (which, consequently, is 2.5 times the length of the actual flight) but also because I have something quick to say...well, I never say anything quick, but...
I understand that it is wintertime and cold(ish) outside, and people want to come in and be cozy and warm, however...because it is wintertime, people will dress in long pants, long sleeves and possibly have a coat that wouldn't fit in their checked bag because they are bad at leaving room for such things and it was either pack the coat or bring Taboo to a crazy family gathering. People will likely be bundled as only Southern Californians can bundle. Therefore, dear airport, there really is no reason to crank the heat up so high. It is possible that travelers more experienced than myself have packed a set of 'inside clothes' including a pair of shorts and a tank top to change into, but I had far too many other things to put in my carry-on bag, and summer clothes just wouldn't fit.
I get that no one wants to wait in a freezing terminal, but I'm looking around and not exactly seeing people dressed in beachwear...I think we can afford to turn the heater down a few notches...
Thanks!
Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment