Saturday, December 18, 2010

All in a day-off's work...

I love when my phone rings on a Saturday. I especially love when the voice on the other end greets me with, "sorry to bother you on your day off, but..."
This just happened. In fact, I had a parent call me to ask what time the middle school Christmas party was going to be. The same Christmas party that I sent a postcard, an email, a flier home from confirmation, a notice in the bulletin, AND have announced in church for the past two weeks.
This is another prime case of 'I love my job, I do, but...'
I mean, it's not like I actually have a life, since none of my friends live close-by, but I'm really trying NOT to make my job my whole life. Sometimes I need days off, everyone needs days off. It's how I recharge. If I work 24/7 or even 8/7 I would get so burned out that I would become less effective at my job. My weekends are MY time. Not that I do anything with my time...but, if I don't have separation now, then my workaholic ways will become a habit. Someday I could have a husband, and a family and at that point I will need my days off to spend with them. Now I'm enjoying having days to veg out, or bake 6 dozen gingerbread cookies with out having to think about my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment