Monday, May 31, 2010

Waiting...

it may seem a little over enthusiastic to be posting again less than 24 hours since my original post...but I'm kinda excited about what I will refer to as a 'blah-g'.
Maybe I'll be the next Julie from 'Julie & Julia' or Betty Suarez from 'Ugly Betty'--maybe this blah-g will be stumbled upon by someone with the power to change my life. Someone who might make a movie about this, launch a sitcom, get me a book deal--who knows? But for that to happen, I think I would have to write about something exciting, and for THAT to happen, I need to DO something exciting.
It has been almost a month since my last great adventure (a two day trip to NYC to see 'Promises, Promises'), and I'm not sure when my next one will happen. So now I'm waiting. Waiting for an adventure. To what? Come find me? Adventures don't come knocking on your door...
I need to figure out a way to make adventures happen for myself. I tried yesterday.
I was going to go the beach, I had a bag packed with beach essentials-hummus and pita chips, spf 45 sunblock, 'A Little Bit Wicked' (K-Chen's bio-a perfect beach read), the People Puzzler (celeb based crosswords...yes, please!) and a floppy hat! I braved an hour long drive down the twisty, turn-y Kanan canyon, actually SAW the ocean for the first time in months (can we say 'worst Californian ever'?) and then promptly made a u-ie and headed back home. The beach was full. No parking, no adventure.

I'm working on it

No comments:

Post a Comment