Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Alice's Wonderland

I am excited to announce that I am a proud pet parent (not a pet owner, a parent). Alice is a fancy rat, not because she's super classy or anything, that's just the kind of rat she is. She lives in a cage in the office, and she is super cute. I was limited to a small pet, something that could live in cage. Fish creep me out, and birds are too loud...so rodent was the way to go! I have been asked 'why a rat? Why not a hamster?' Well, the facts are these:
-Rats are very smart, they can learn to respond to their names and even learn some small tricks
-Rats are sweet and won't ever bite out of frustration or malice. She'll nibble at my fingers, but mostly she just gives 'kisses'
-Rats aren't as staunchly nocturnal as hamsters. Alice takes naps throughout the day, but she wakes up and loves to play during the daytime too.
-Rats are very social and affectionate. I've already told you about the kisses.
-Rats are clean, contrary to popular belief. I read that (domestic rats) spend 1/3 of their waking time grooming themselves. 
-Rats are better than hamsters. The end.
Alice with her 'nummies' (a peanut), giving kisses, and snuggling in her strawberry. Seriously, how cute is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment