Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Adventure Weekend Part II: The Color Run

The world is a carousel of color...wonderful, wonderful color!!
After a day full of Southern California stereotypes (beach, Hollywood, etc), my friends and I participated in The Color Run 5K. I had never done a 5K before (I mean, I've definitely walked 3.1 miles in one go, but I've never paid for it before, unless you count walking around Disneyland). That whole 'running for fun' thing has never really appealed to me. Running makes me sad, and I just don't like it. BUT! The Color Run is not your typical 5K, it is less of a run and more of a party!
Everyone starts out looking (more or less) like this:
Everyone is wearing white shirts...but don't worry, they don't stay white for long! At every kilometer there is a team of people waiting for you to jog through their station so they can throw powdered paint at you! So everyone is jogging and throwing paint, and there are these color clouds that just engulf you so that by the end you look like this:

Covered in color...ain't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment