Friday, April 15, 2011

Half full, half empty or too big


I have this giant mug I got at Disneyland, commemorating the 55th anniversary of the theme park. And by giant...I mean giant!!!

So, naturally...I can't fill it all the way to the top. Whichever hot liquid I chose to put in this cup (coffee or tea) would surly be cold by the time I was half way through. So I don't fill the mug to the top, I fill it to the middle.
Some would say the cup is half full. Some would say it's half empty. Some would say it's too big. Okay, that was literal.
I try so hard to view the proverbial 'mug of life' as half full, and lately it's been taking a lot of effort to see things that way. I'm not flipping over to the 'half empty' side of things, but maybe just the 'too big'. I feel like I have a lot on my plate right now. Work is crazy, my parents are on my case for not 'getting out enough', and I am finally facing the facts that I am too poor to care about any of that. Being optimistic just takes too much work, and I quit. And I'm over it. And I'm tired.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Laur! I'm a firm believer, too, in keeping things in perspective: if things are too busy right now to be "half full," then that's okay! Because, sooner or later, it will return to that "half full" feeling again. You might need to switch some stuff around to get there, or it may just ease itself out on its own, but regardless, it'll be full once again. Or, you know, there.

    ReplyDelete