Wednesday, March 09, 2011

$47.14

...that's how much I just spent putting gas in my car.
The fact that this is not that much less than one of my student loan payments makes me slightly ill.
I can think of so many things I'd rather spend $47.14 on. Shoes come to mind. Or practical things, like groceries. But mostly all I can think of is the fact that I'm trying to save to go to New York, and I could almost buy a ticket to see Catch Me If You Can with that money.

I absolutely hate putting gas in my car, it's expensive and I know I'm just going to have to do it again. I realize I get to drive my car for a few weeks, and that's what I'm paying for...but I don't feel any gratification or reward for spending that money like I would if I spent it on shoes, groceries, theatre tickets or anything else that is more worthy of my money than gasoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment